If you're interested in the best way to lose belly fat you're definitely not alone. Many people out there who have some extra flab around the stomach are constantly asking this same question daily. Out of all of the approaches out there what exactly is the best one to take? People resort to sit-ups, severe calorie cutting, too much cardio and fat burner supplements.
Clearly if you're struggling to lose belly fat you're using the wrong method. You don't need to starve yourself, endless crunches or even surgery to lose fat off your stomach. First off, it's not going to be a walk through the park but if you're committed to losing belly fat then it's possible. Many times people want to put the effort into it but it's just a matter of having the right plan.
1. Forget about the crunches - Look, crunches work the stomach muscles but they're not going to attack the belly fat over the abs to the extent you're wanting. The biggest thing you're doing is wasting your time.
2. Build overall strength - This helps build some muscle and promote fat loss with increased metabolic rate after you're done working out. Please don't take this as you need to be a body builder, you don't. This just implies doing some full body exercises that increase the heart rate a bit and attack your core strength. Exercises like the squat and deadlift work great for this.
The great things about these exercises are they make your workout time very efficient and work the body from head to toe. This is important so you're not wasting valuable time in your busy day. Remember working the core body and becoming stronger helps promote losing belly fat.
3. Eat Healthy - this is as straight forward as can be. The old saying goes your abs are built in the kitchen and this is entirely true. You can do all the training and exercises you want but if you're eating like a slob and not putting value into what you put into your body don't expect to lose belly fat. There's a good chance since you're interested in how to lose belly fat that for your particular body type all fat tends towards the stomach. For some people it's the butt, arms, thighs etc. If that's the case then look more towards whole foods and stay away from sugary carbonated beverages.
No need to be perfect. Eating junk food actually helps fat loss by keeping your hormones sharp. Don't overdo it though. Eat junk food 10% of the time max. That's 4 junk meals/week if you eat 6 meals/day.
You don't need to be a perfectionist with it but keep it to a lower minimum when you do have junk food. That could be 4 total junk meals per week if you eat 6 meals a day.
4. Must Limit Your Alcohol Intake - If you're expecting to lose belly fat what you drink is just as important if not more important than what you eat. Alcohol in moderation is OK but if you drink beer and liquors often then don't expect to see your abs anytime soon.
Limit your alcohol consumption to once a week and that's not saying the drunk type. It's have a couple drinks but limit it. Outside of that drink water and unsweetened teas if you want to know the best way to lose belly fat.
5. Consume Less Carbs - You need carbs for energy of course but the issue is people eat way more than they actually need. Remember, you're not bulking up to a be a pro athlete. Any carbs your body doesn't need it will store it up as fat. And for you that seems it may be in the belly. Stick to fruits and veggies in support of your lean meats and you should be good. The potatoes, pasta, rice and breads should be limited.
6. Eat More! - Contrary to common belief eating a lot of healthy food won't make you fat. If you're exercising routinely and starving yourself this is the wrong approach and a huge mistake. Healthy nutrition with your working out is key. If you starve yourself your body is going to burn muscle and NOT fat. This is not what you're going for if you want to lose belly fat.
If you're hungry this means you're not eating enough but don't fill yourself up on junk. If you eat healthy food then you can't give your body a reason.
7. Increase Protein - Protein has a higher thermic effect than other foods meaning that your body burns more energy processing protein than it does processing your carbs and fats. So if you increase your protein with lean meats like organic chicken and wild caught fish this will help you lose belly fat. If you're working out a few times a week try to get 0.5 to 1 grams of protein per body weight.
8. Eat More Fat - Wait, more fat? What gives you a fat belly is bad nutrition and lack of exercise. Eating fat can actually help promote fat loss. Your body won't stock fat as much if you give it the healthy fats.
Fish oil is a great source of healthy fat to lose your belly fat. It will help increase testosterone levels and if you can begin your day with about 6 grams of omega-3 per day that's a good place to start off with.
Definitely stay away from the trans fats in things like margarine. This are absolutely bad for your health and should be avoided. Eat unprocessed foods 90% of your time too.
9. Lower Your Overall Body Fat - You have to realize that your belly is one of the last places that you're going to lose fat. If you have fat in other places you're going to need to focus on losing overall fat before you can really attack your stomach.
Here are some ways to do this:
10. Motivation - Look at your belly often and make it a commitment to yourself that you will get rid of belly fat. Measure your body fat so you're aware of progress. Even take pictures if you have to so you're reminded of goals and where you were and where you want to be.
Only you can control if you lose belly fat and if you want to know the best ways to lose belly fat just read this article again if you need to. Taking action on these 10 steps will greatly aid in losing stomach fat over the long term.